Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #1169 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

So, what you're saying is your personal opinion not only overrides the rules of the gamer, but offical music websites where the genres are voted on by hundreds of people? You should ALSO know by now I never said RYM was "the bible of genres." What I said was it's more trustworthy than Wikipedia, even if it's can usually get innacurate at times. I'm not letting people vote for "whatever the hell they want" because then our big fours run the risk get very mixed up with artists who don't fit the bill.

Why not just follow the rules? Or rather, if you don't know what delta blues is, why did you even vote in the first place? This isn't "delta blues so vote intentionally for piedmont blues instead." Either way, you would've broken the rule. You really don't have any legitimate reason to complain to me about the mistake you made. m I only use other websites to decide whether they are eligible, and then I let you know if any of the votes aren't. It's like playing a crossword puzzle, messing up because you don't care about the rules, and then tell me your loss is my fault for not making the rules the way you'd see fit.

I mean, are you just freakin' protesting? If that's the case, I might not check your votes at all under the asumption you're trying to break the rules. It's clearly causing problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
if you said nothing of Blues players who played in the ragtime style why should I change my vote cause Elizabeth Cotten played in a ragtime style?
Are you kidding me? I'll say it again: They are also considered to be delta blues online. Do hyou honestly think that it's a law that people can only be one kind of blues? So if he's known for his delta blues, it's completely impossible for him to do a ragtime album? Every other artist voted for was considered delta blues on either Allmusic, Last.fm, RYM, or Discogs EXCEPT for Elizabeth Cotten. YOU AREN'T GETTING THAT. Why don't you man up and admit you broke the rules?

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 08-19-2016 at 05:01 PM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote