Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #12502 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
I had just asked you something two times in a row where you didn't answer.

I asked, "What are you basing your knowledge of who is/was or isn't/wasn't popular in the US on, just out of curiosity?"
I answered you with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It seem your interest is what is popular while my interest lies in what is mainstream and what is underground.
... and you followed up by saying:

Quote:
Yeah, I hadn't really noticed before now, but they both seem to follow the track of "Never directly address anything that might lead to any sort of concession or make one seem like not an expert; rather make oblique moves and type increasingly more words." It's the politician's gambit, basically.
OK, I might not give you the answer you want, but I do give you the answer you need.

Quote:
An answer would go like this: "I'm basing my knowledge of who is/was or isn't/wasn't popular in the US on ______________" and you'd fill in the blank with details re what you're basing it on
But what does that even pertain to? The popularity of ______ can be tracked by using the ______ charts provided by ______ . The ______ can be movies, TV, Pop songs, albums sales, Rock album sales, Disco album sale, R&B album sales, or sales numbers grossed, units sold etc. etc. I will say "I'm basing my knowledge of who is/was or isn't/wasn't popular in the US in the 70s on Ron Burgundy."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote