Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #1250 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post

@Neapontiac, that vote was legit. But another concern of mine is whether or not you're trying to vote for popular bands? Because if not, you know you won't have voted for any of the winners, right? Two of them are new, and two of them are far behind the top acts by at least 4 votes.

I'm including the vote either way, but I rthink there's something else you're trying to say to me with these votes.
Please don't try to interpret my votes. OK I wasn't big on Nu Metal and Black Metal and I might had flubbed an entry or two. But I wasn't sending any other message with my vote for Be Bop when I mentioned four guitar players. Hey, the MB crowd basically went with horns; I went with guitars - there is nothing to read into it.

Same with the hip hop jawn. It aint no East coast versus West coast thing homes. I'm not tryin to start some East/West feud. I just like hip hop from the East coast a little bit more, that's all. So please don't think I trying a message and whatnot. Big Daddy Kane ('86) is known for his flow, Eric B. & Rakim (1986–1993) is rather well like as far as I know. Tuff Crew ('85) is a super group from Philly, and Digable Planets ('92) are a rather laid-back Jazzy style from Brooklyn.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote