Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Thoughts On Christian Hardcore
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pit-Bull84
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by covle
im against religion. it has claimed the life of somebody very dear to me, caused depressiopn and oppression among many of my friends and lay the world in blood and ashes. my friend took his life after september 11. he was a muslim and copped so much ****. even walking down the street, but the parties were the worst. the "super cool guys" who crashed all the parties would always want to kick the **** out of the "arab guy". not a good time, and, since i go to a catholic school, i dont get along too well with the principal. the last religion sac(a sac is School Assed Coursework. like the sat's in the u.s i guess) i wrote about hilary duff. i did my research and io wrote four pages. fact after fact. i tell you, it was an impressive essay. half an hour study goes down well. newunderoath i am impartial too. i simply prefer to older stuff
Not so sound like an ass-hole, but you friend couldn't handle life's problems and took the COWARDS way out instead of standing up for himself? And instead of helping him out or at least TELLING him to hold his head up and be a man, you decided to BLAME RELIGION?

This is what's wrong with this generation.

I grew up with 5 younger brothers and sisters and was raised by two illegal immigrant parents in a DANGEROUS neighborhood where people would want to beat the living crap out of me for not being black.
And instead of slicing my wrist open, I stood up for myself and NEVER gave in to anyone and now look at me and my family.

My father, who came here knowing NO english, is now the owner of a very profitable business, my mother works for a very prestigeous law firm, my younger brother (20) is now in college studying and making his way to law school.
My other siblings in school and making the best of it.
And all of them live in a safer neighborhood.
As for myself, I'm a proud US Marine and have a great career and make a great living.
And none of us ever blamed RACISM for our problems.
Instead of ending our lives to get out of our crappy situation, we FOUGHT AS HARD AS WE COULD and only go back to the old neighborhood to look for those same FAILURES to come mow our HUGE lawns and back yards.
Pit-Bull84 is offline   Reply With Quote