Music Banter - View Single Post - New Metallica album coming out November 18, 2016 -- Hardwired..To Self-Destruct
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
When I say good production, I mean the production that best suits the music so it could either be lofi or hifi. I don't think they've ever achieved quality in that aspect tbh.
I usually love their production.

I like the production on And Justice for All, too, although I wouldn't have minded the bass being turned up a bit in the mix. However, that album has such a unique sound to it that adds a lot to the tunes.

My production philosophy is basically that production should be approached as "its own instrument." Kind of like coming up with interesting synthesizer patches that have a lot of musical value. I'm not at all fond of approaches that approach production in a more "clinical" way, where everything has to be at certain standard, relative levels in the mix, EQ'ed in typical ways, be necessarily "clean"-sounding, etc. Producers should experiment with timbres and tackle each project with a clean slate, where they're forgetting about norms and focusing on creating interesting sounds that serve as an additional artistic element shaping the whole.
Terrapin_Station is offline   Reply With Quote