Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Build Loren (the albums that have shaped my life)
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Planning For Burial - Leaving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkK2...2CFFEBB615489F

This is a dreary and gloomy album, musically and emotionally. It is very personal with it's sparse delivery of depressive lyrics and harsh guitar squealing. It takes from shoegaze, post-rock, some kinda extreme metal, drone and ambient, indie stuff. This album is smeared front to back with a plethora of feedback drenched guitar tracks, all played by it's sole member. It has some of the most amazing moments in this world of music, I think, specifically the two best tracks "Being a Teenager and the Awkwardness of Backseat Sex" and "Verse/Chorus/Verse". A simple and sombre guitar motif is repeated through to the end, along with some dismal piano. When that track is over, the piano subsides softly as the title track takes you away. It is the end now. It is a peaceful ending. It is your funeral. And you are happy.

Dress me in my best suit
I want to look good
In my coffin

Thank you and goodnight
Farewell my friends

So are the last words of this album uttered and a light ambient piece envelops the audience.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote