Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 12:01 PM   #128 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Getting back into watching stand up and I ****ing love Stanhope now.

Also, after revisiting Bill Hicks, I've decided that he took Carlin's spot on social commentary without bringing any of the funny. Are we supposed to be laughing at his mullet the whole time? That gets boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
^continuing off of Stanhope, if you watch one episode of Infowars, watch this one. Alex Jones tries to get a rise out of Stanhope and he just doesn't give a **** and returns with some logic that kind of stumps talkbox Jones for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk4-xeAvWqs
**** yes. I've been watching his specials for the past three days and they're epic. Except for the conspiracy bull**** Doug Stanhope is the man I see myself as in ten years: bitter, misanthropic, jaded, done with society in general, and perpetually drunk. Yeah, but more than now.

I totally identify with his bit about how it's bull**** that people who hate their jobs in their 20s all of a sudden care about them when they're in their 30s with a position of moderate authority. I know so many of these people working at ****ty fast food jobs. I'm like, our jobs are almost as irrelevant as the lives we are currently leading, and yet just because you're using it to support yourself and your family all of a sudden it's important? **** off, dumbass. Your paycheck is important, not the bull**** you've dedicated your life to.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote