Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst album covers
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #830 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post

Some people just wanna feel cool and edgy. Comic book writers, those are the true artistes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Definition of art

the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

You telling me that you can't express yourself through writing? Writing takes most of what defines art in terms of using creativity and imagination and turning it into something physical, much like painting and sculpting.
I don't give a **** about how sarcasm doesn't translate well to online. You're all ****ing stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Yeah I see this for sure

That's why there are so many bands with basically one good album before they cave to major label pressure so afraid of going back to the fryers

The best bands I can think of played music because they would just explode if they didn't express themselves and/or they were too ****ed up to keep a job

most of them started with nothing and then went home with nothing

See: Velvet Underground
Even the greats aren't immune. I know you don't like metal, but it's my bag so I know more about it than other genres so **** you. Anyway, Slayer made five classic albums in a row (plus a classic EP) and have maintained at least a moderate level of quality ever since. Yet you hear stories and read articles about the drummer getting fired cause he found out that Kerry King has been short changing the rest of the band financially, and their guitarist and semi-main songwriter dies but the band continue on with only two original members, cause what the **** are Slayer gonna do if they decide to go the honest route and disband?

Kerry King probably has all the job qualifications that I do: a high school education, sketchy work experience, and a general lack of giving a **** about maintaining a presentable appearance by society's standards. Kerry King and I could equally compete for the same McDonald's job.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote