Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #12610 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I used to think Thom Yorke couldn't sing for ****, but now I love his hauntingly beautiful and sometimes out of tune voice.
Thom Yorke's voice is pretty grating to me. I'm generally into more conventional and forceful singers, no doubt about that (comparatively more forceful, which isn't saying much). I could torment myself with Radiohead for a week and see what happens, but I'm not sure its worth it. I've known the band for many years, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I don't have problems with Yorke's voice, I actually think that it generally fits the music quite well. The issue I have is that his voice is matched up with some really boring crap.
Not a criticism, but an observation: Their music seems to very often consist of a beat loop + a melody/chord loop with some singing on top. Then some subtle details fall slightly outside of the rhythm and a stray sound or unexpected chord here or there kind of shake things up a bit, but the arrangements are simple aside from these little details. They also use a lot of ambience in the background, but the individual songs don't exactly move between many different unique parts. Just an observation. Not everything has to be an orchestral suite.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote