Music Banter - View Single Post - share your new or recent discoveries
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Esperanza Spalding is pretty great! I got into her stuff myself a little over a year ago.

Here's some recent-ish discoveries of mine. I'm not sure you'll like anything here, but I found all of them pretty eye-opening:

Islaja
Finnish acid folk or something. The two newest albums are electronic. All of it is somewhat strange but very interesting. She's on her way to become one of my favourites.

Faun Fables
I also saw this described as acid folk, but it has nothing to do with Islaja, so... What I do know is that the album I've got (Light of a Vaster Dark) is really growing on me. Beautiful stuff.

Olga Bell
Russian/american artist. Her first album is some kind of weird, russian voice driven progressive stuff. Very hard to describe, very awesome. Her EP and her second album are both electronica. The second album feels quite dance music inspired, which I believe was intentional.

Madder Mortem
A very good Norwegian metal band that I can't believe I've remained oblivious to for so many years! Kind of like a female fronted Opeth, except they sound a lot more modern in their riffing style and have no growling.

That's all I can think of right now.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote