Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Build Loren (the albums that have shaped my life)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Thought about posting in one of the regular threads as I've been revisiting this heavily as of late, but it dawned on me how much this album actually means to me and how large of a part of my life it's been since I discovered it. That and the underlying belief that no one pays attention to things I post that will never leave me no matter what anyone says because I'm a god damn psychoPATH..... So I'll put it in here which is ultimately a contradiction because if I already think that than why would I think people read my journal?

Jk though, never mind all that, people read it probably.

This is a masterpiece of indie rock, a true 10/10 in my eyes. It features a strong loud-soft dynamic, subtle musical shifts awash in repetition, and the most important part, building catharsis. The last track here "You're a King" (played with sludge metal band Toadliquor) builds into some of the most utterly heart jerkingly powerful vocals I've ever heard regardless of genre. Listening to the whole album gives this finale more meaning, more emotion, more appreciation for the delivery. This album is one I'd call perfect.

Also a shoutout to the second track "Slightly Dazed", which is amazingly mesmerizing and has an undeniable black metal influence. That simple drum pattern is basically the epitome of depressive black metal.

If you don't like this then chances are you just don't like music.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote