Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metal Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #97 (permalink)
The Overlord
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
Never heard Damaged. And since you compared them to Fear Factory, I don't want to hear them.
yes if damaged sounded like fear factory i wouldnt listen to them either, what i was trying to say is that they completlly blew FF off stage, they were rightly humbled, so was pantera when do not spit blew them off the charts, if damaged didnt have so many internal problems they would have been a name well respected, they did the stupidest thing and replaced an awsome singer with kevin sharp of brutal truth ooops. so never buy purified in pain, but there other albums are seriously amazing
a sample can be found at intoannihilation com youll need to fix the link (adding the '.'s, i havnt posted enough to put urls on yet.
They dont sound like FF
i think there over now but they were one of australias best exports.
now with Death metal im confused on how Whisper supremecy and and then youll beg is death metal, the vocals on the most part are not, and lyrically its not about death only the worst singer ever lord worm is death metal and he cant keep up with the band (well neither could desalvo with and then youll beg but it was better than worm).
and meshuggah melodic death?? really? i thought at the gates was melodic death, meshuggah sound nothing like that, vocally its not death metal, and tech wise its too heavy for prog.
yeah im not a huge fan of dimmu either though they do have there moments of shining the orchestras, the bass players vocal parts and such, thats interesting that they are gothic industirial, i heared they were black metal becuase of the satan crap, but i can hear the goth, well no see the goth side pretty clearly but it just looks like more commercial black metal.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote