Music Banter - View Single Post - Listening habits
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

Default Listening habits

I'm curious to know about the music listening habits of members here. Especially cause mine are very sporadic and I'm sure we all have different ones.

Right now I'm not listening to any music and trying to do so would feel like a chore. I'm going through a period where all music sounds stale and I just can't find any interest in listening to music. I see some members here that seem to listen to music every day and are always talking about new artist and their latest release and idk how they keep that up without taking a break or getting bored with the experience.

Though I periodically go through this phase where I get uninterested in music eventually I break out of it and go through a period where I get obsessed with a particular artist or genre, awhile ago I got obsessed with Kas product and only listened to new wave and later on I got obsessed the residents and only listened to experimental music but after I sucked each one dry now I moved on. I've come to notice that my music listening habits go through a cycle of being obsessed and then being completely disinterested but I have yet to figure out if this cycle comes from my current emotional state or if it's just I have a very selective taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote