Music Banter - View Single Post - love at first sight is it possible, your thoughts??
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #74 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

I'm going to have to go ahead and reiterate what a couple of people have said:

at first sight, the only thing that can exist between two people is a purely physical attraction, aka lust, and love - whatever that may be - has to develop over time. Of course, love means different things to different people, personally I think this whole "soul mate" concept of love is a bunch of bull, statistically speaking it's almost impossible that there is nobody in the world better suited to be your partner than the person you're with. Personally, I see "love" as, to loosely quote Fal, a prolonged state of heightened euphoria which arises every time you're near or with another person. I see no problem with defining love this way, as a chemical imbalance, and since euphoria is good, love, therefore, must also be good, when you can find it. Of course, it seems impossible that this kind of feeling would last indefinetely no matter how close two people are, which ties into why I think the whole marriage thing is a load of bull - eventually people just stay together out of necessity, refusing to accept that they might actually be happier if they went out and found a new partner and started all over.

So yeah.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote