Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #4370 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I couldn't be bothered with Friends. I watched the first two seasons religiously and then I realized wtf. How did they manage to white wash NYC so much. There are so many minorities in NYC and I have to watch these stupid characters navigate NYC and see not one single minority. In one of the later seasons one of the guys gets a token black gf but i'm like what? Day late and a dollar short and it also brought into contrast how jarring it was to only see one black person. Where the **** are the latinos, asians and all the others that are mixed into the melting pot of NYC?
It was the 90s, bro. The Black Ranger was black, the Yellow Ranger was asian, and minorities on TV were a nice idea. It was like the last decade where "popular racism" was still cringe-inducingly prevalent in non-marginalized or divisive areas.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote