Music Banter - View Single Post - Video games that would make excellent TV shows
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #33 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Actually, I can see a good live-action Mario movie. The problem with the last one was that many of the characters and places were still being experimented on. The franchise is more set in stone now, so it's still possible.

Actually, if he were young enough, Ray Romano would've made a great Luigi. And Hulk Hogan would be a fantastic Bowser.
Don't even entertain the idea it's possible cause even doing that would be too much of a stretch. I actually think the movie tried to what was right and tried to create a cinematic world where the Mario brothers characters could become movie characters. Ofc it failed horribly but they had the right idea in changing the setting because the Mario universe and concept in the game simply doesn't translate well into a live action movie. It's too childish simple and cartoonish and it didn't even work as a cartoon. They tried to adapt Mario in the past to other media formats and it just didn't work and at this point I don't think anyone wants them to try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote