Music Banter - View Single Post - Choking Victim, Leftövercrack(and Crackrocksteady in general)
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Joey90
Groupie

Default Leftover Crack

Hey man, I know your post is old but I have just found this forum and saw this post about Leftovercrack / Chocking Victim and couldn't not respond.

I saw leftover crack (for the second time) in London last month. (11Aug Underworld Camden). Before the gig I had mainly listed to **** world trade which I thought was good but is absolutely nothing on Choking Victim. I originally owed a choking victim EP but after they played a few of there songs at the gig I bought their album No Gods, No Managers straight away.

I love his voice and just like you mentioned the way he mixes his unique punk sound with upbeat ska of which I haven't found anyone similar.

You got any recommendations of other bands you like that I can listen too? I'm all about punk, fast, upbeat music and if there is ska involved even better! Not a massive fan of how new punk seems to have an undertone of heavy metal in it, which in my opinion ruins it as it doesn't seem as raw (don't know if that makes any sense or not haha).

Don't know if you'll ever see this but if not someone might read this post like I have and respond in 2 years time!

Peace,
Joe

PS just found a new band recently called 'meat wave' and they have a great song called 'brother' check it out if you want
Joey90 is offline   Reply With Quote