Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #374 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

It's been an incredibly busy end of the week, and some really fun things have been happening. Not entirely musical, but well-worth sharing.

FIRST! A $5 trinket which warmed my heart and harkened fond memories -

My late father had cleverly paired an official RCA ceramic 1/12 scale "Nipper" with an antique Durham Industries diecast gramophone back in the 90s and I had always admired it on his shelf.
Yesterday I felt nostalgic so I ordered a dollhouse Persian rug with gold metallic accents for Nipper to sit upon.

I miss you, Dad. I'll keep spinning tunes for your pup.

This also reminded me of a funny thing about cameras - I shoot all my featured LPs and this little guy with a Sony DSC-V3 that I received as a Christmas gift in 2005. It had a $700 MSRP when it launched in 2004, and was likely half price by the time it was purchased, but 12 years on it's still proving its value every day.

You can't say that about many products these days.

Spoiler for Enlarged to show texture.:

SECONDLY! LISTEN UP EVERYBODY, 'cos I'm about to make your YEAR.

I've been tracking the extended forecast monthly outlooks for weeks and I am proud to say that THIS SATURDAY is the END of the brutal 80-plus-degree liquid death that has been the daily assault of this ungodly summer.

I’m so relieved to have the humidity relent at last and that the scent of the autumn air shall soon lure me from my darkened sanctum to emerge once again into a world of crisp, fallen leaves, a rich array of colors painting the earth and sky in celebration of the season, and, (most importantly), affording me the opportunity to wear dashing longcoats, 14-foot wool scarves, and layering myself in my favorite fashions which lie in wait all summer to be unleashed upon the chilly streets of my fair city.

Check out the magnificent forecast snapshots below! Together we'll relish the relief of cooler days in the 60s and 70s with brisk evenings in the 40s and 50s all throughout September!

October shall usher in temperatures in the mid-50s to 60s during the day with nights in the upper 30s and 40s and the first appearance of snowflakes!

Join me in a rousing chorus of celebratory jubilation! At long last, our time has COME!

And THIRD! Another successful INTJ PROJECT!

Lately, I'd been experiencing sluggish performance in my task management app - Google Keep, rendering the application nearly unusable. And more than once I lost data due to there being no undo option. I needed a better solution.

At first, I was worried that I'd need to upgrade my phone, but after a few minutes of research I identified the issue: I'd simply entered (waaaay) too much data for the app to handle. I broke Google.

In the last 7 days, I'd created 165 projects and task lists in Keep, many consisting of hundreds or even thousands of words, each with accompanying graphics. Because I am insane.

So last night, in four tireless hours of optimization, I migrated all task data into 183 pages of categorically-themed documents on Google Drive, organized them into a series of related subfolders, and ensured that each document was uniformly typeset and formatted.

While I was at it I thought it was an opportune time to renovate the entire Drive, organizing and purging all archivable data. The result is pictured below.

By 1:30AM, I'd reduced Google Keep to just 31 manageable tasks and its function was fully restored! Best of all, my long-form notes are far better organized using Drive and with greater accessibility than ever before.

Hooray for small victories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote