Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that shaped you
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

I grew up listening to a lot of material rap that was more focused on being braggadocios and having "banging" production than the actual lyricism of the artist, so when I heard Doomsday by MF Doom for the first time, it flipped my world upside down.

In terms the metal genre, there were two very defining moments in my listening. The first of which was when I heard Jane Doe by Converge the second time. The first time I listened to it, I just didn't get it. I had just started getting into Dillinger and still couldn't really comprehend many challenging metal acts, but once this album stuck, it opened my eyes in a lot of ways. This song in particular has always stood out to me as a defining moment.

Lastly, would be getting into black metal I suppose. Not only has black metal become my favourite sub genre of metal over the past few years, but it is also probably my favourite genre of music. Without Burzum, it may have never happened. This album changed my taste in so many different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote