Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that shaped you
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

The first band I ever really listened to was Metallica. It was my parents favorite artist growing up. And when I first started listening to them I couldn't stop. The music blew me away.

My brother started this small "business" of buying and selling Zunes. He loaded one up with music and gave it to me. I for the most part just listened to the really big named artists. Artists like Queen, Metallica, and ZZ Top. But I found on my device a band called Sick Puppies. And while the band was typical teenage angst, it was so incredible to find a band singing all the emotions I was feeling.

Then my sophomore year of high school came and a lot of really bad stuff happened. I began a slippery slope into a lot of ****ed up ****. Instead of telling you why these artists were important, the reason is too personal, I'm just going to list them. Nirvana, QOTSA, Slipknot, Seether and Stone Sour.

The final band I discovered that changed everything was Tool. I was blown away by them. The way the music sounded was enveloping. The way Maynard sang was incredible. The lyrics were pretentious, but unique and different from any other artist I've ever heard. I needed more.

That's the music that shaped my life.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote