Music Banter - View Single Post - Big Four Bands Thread Round 19: Gothic Rock
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #1586 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I'm just looking for anything that doesn't fall under atheistic, overly bloody/gory or satanic. Agnostic is fine. I've already heard 3 Death albums, Unqestionable Presence which was surprisingly agnostic given the band's name, and Cynic. To be honest, regular DM and technical DM aren't as heavy as I thought it would be, so I ended up liking it. That Gorguts album is on my list. It was actually going to be the first one I play.

Of course, right now I'm trying to get through those Depeche Mode albums I've already heard and probably play Songs of Love and Devotion. I'm thinking Depeche Mode might already be my number 3, which gives me much more time to get the fourth vote decided. I'm weighing my decision between Kraftwerk, Pet Shop Boys, and Tears for Fears.
for Depeche Mode you really need to dig into their earlier material...Construction Time Again, Some Great Reward, and Black Celebration all have synthpop musts and are all incredible albums or just get a copy of Depeche Mode 101 which is quite possible the greatest live album ever.

Depeche Mode
Kraftwerk
New Order
DEVO
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote