Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Hip Hop Releases of 2016(so far)
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Oh snaps, I forgot about Lead Poison.

This is the reason I want to see other people's lists so I can listen and re-listen to stuff that I either missed out on the first time or play again.
Yeah, I feel like I'm forgetting some stuff too. Lead Poison was fantastic though, the way he took beats which were kind of simplistic and straight forward and made his lyrics the true basis of the project made it a really rewarding experience imo.

Quote:
Also would Kaytranada actually count as hip hop? I'm pretty sure that's an electronica release.
That's why I didn't include it on my list. I would say it's very heavily influenced by hip-hop, but there's no question that it isn't just a straight-up hip-hop project.

Quote:
As much as I played that A$AP Ferg album, it wasn't really that great. He had like five maybe six tracks max that were awesome but everything else kind of sucked and felt like filler.
I hated the project. I'm not a Ferg fan to begin with, but I thought it was one of the corniest releases this year. I liked the track with Lil Uzi Vert, and that was about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote