Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Talk About Gary Johnson
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #89 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
OJ Simpson was determined not guilty of murder. The FBI can attempt to rewrite the lawbooks if they want, but that doesn't change the nature of the crime

Sharing information outside of government servers in a private location that was...safe because it was guarded by the secret service sounds like a great way for hackers to obtain confidential information without the government even being aware of it.

I'm not saying that she had bad intentions, but it's still negligent and potentially threatening to national security to a high degree.
I think it was poor judgement from a person who obviously isn't an IT expert and needs to rely on those around her for advice on that front. She deserved to be called out on it, but it wasn't a crime.

My wife actually works extensively with classified information for her job, and her take on it is that it's a very tricky situation because there's an expectation that you use a lower security email for regular communications and a high security one for classified information. The problem is that a regular email conversation might actually become classified mid-stream or even become classified after the fact.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote