Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #2728 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
How would you like it if you woke up one day and your $25 dollar an hour job at the plant disappeared, and you were competing with thousands of people for a $12 dollar an hour job at Wallmart?

Could you afford property to retire? a car? feed your kids? I'd probably turn to drinking and drugs to if I lost everything.
Dude, because of corporate greed my company has been destroyed. We went from 35 people to 3 in about four months. The owner, his wife, and I have been running what's left of the company for the past year. My wife was one of the people who was laid off from a $50K job she'd been at for 18 years. All she's been able to find is part time for minimum wage because of her age. And she gets no benefits cause they won't let her work more than 25 hours a week so we're paying almost $500 a month for health insurance that she use to get for free through the company.

I had to accept a 30% salary cut in order to help the company stay afloat to keep our lawsuit against a $6 billion dollar megacorp who destroyed us to save a measly 5% of their costs.

I'm averaging taking between $500 to $700 a month out of our retirement account just to make ends meet.

Our sales to megacorp were about $6 million a year. The 5% savings they got by destroying us amounts to about a .005% of increased profits.

If you don't want to accept that most Trump supporters fall into the categories I listed a few posts back fine. But don't try to pass along any guilt on me.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”