Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Build Loren (the albums that have shaped my life)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Just gonna keep it going because I'm very low on things to occupy my time. At least I can kill a few minutes with every entry.

As it stands right now, this is my number one metal album of all time. My dad let me borrow the CD to listen to many years ago, I was probably 12? I didn't ask for it after hearing it played, he just busted it out of nowhere one day. And I'm thankful for that. I can imagine this being one of, if not the first extreme metal albums that would be tattooed onto my brain forever, at the time when I was just letting things play, and my extreme metal enjoyment was very casual.

Here we are now, and I know this album like the back of my hand, maybe even better. Every single lyric, every riff, everything down to the smallest note or sound. And yet, even after thousands of plays through this album, it has never grown stale. I'm not ever bored or not interested in it, instead it's like "**** yeah, I know every riff, and I know right where they are, and I can't wait for any of them."

Yes, it does an amazing job remaining fresh. There is no other album like it, not even the bAnd's second album matches the morbid and deranged universe sculpted by this album. A melting pot of grunge, sludge/doom metal, punk, blues, death/black metal, psychedelia, and everything in between.

While it is almost unfortunate that there's nothing out there quite like it when you're hungry for more, that also makes it that much awesomer, a hulking obelisk carved with convoluted and esoteric patterns, towering solemnly above the sea of heavy metal.
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote