Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 PM   #1858 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Whenever the **** you want. I just can't record right now.

In terms of these group projects I am trying to birth, there are two separate things (a single album, then the concept album trilogy) and these are most likely to be the same ensemble. I've written an album myself, which was the first thing I began to gather a band for. That one was/is some kinda "solo" indie album, more personal and fruity and all that stuff, not as deep in the post rock spectrum but still influenced. It's like some noise rock/punk, indie folk by way of Slint. mewithoutYou and Sonic Youthcore. When I can record, that one will probably be underway quickly, as I have the parts that I know and can play ready, and since there's a lot of material I planned for other instruments, even though I can't write music for those, I can still play the role of conductor to guide theothers. It sounds whacky but when I get my parts down I think it will be a lot less convoluted sounding. I'll have guitar and vocal tracks, and might do some electro drum tracks just as like a blueprint, because I did actually have a lot of rad drum shot planned out too.

Then there's the conceptual stuff, and it is much more of a group effort in the writing and planning and stuff. I have very loose and vague ideas regarding the story and all that, and started a private group on facebook for anyone on there looking to get involved. Musically I envision a much wider world of sounds, but rooted deep in Swans-y gnar ass post rock. I'd been gathering a lot of influence from Nick Cave too.

I dunno what's going on personnel wise right now, I know we've got drummer(s), guitar/bassists, piano, cello, vocals all around, synths/keys, but I'm bringing more people together, I don't see it being something we knock out real quick. All of it is definitely to be a long term project.

I got our concept stuff, aiming for a three-album story, dealing with heavy spiritual and religious themes, and adventure, and characters for days and ****ing phat **** that I dunno if I can get in too well enough in this post since it's still pretty scattered, but I have something, and I know what's going on.

Sorta
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote