Music Banter - View Single Post - Sports Cars
Thread: Sports Cars
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I had a four door 1967 Buick Skylark (340 V8 engine) I used as an almost daily driver from 1993 to 2003. I bought it in 1993 for $500 from an estate sale from the son of the original owner. It had 67,000 miles on it at the time and except for a dented passenger side rear quarter panel, was in unusually good shape inside and out. I think I only put about $1500 into it in routine maintenance over the 10 years I drove it. It never broke down once during that time. Very reliable car.

If I get bitten by the classic car bug again, I'm probably going to get another one. 2 door Gran Sport version next time.

1967 Buick Skylark Gran Sport

1967 Buick Skylark Gran Sport
That's a sweet ride. 10 years without incident means that you treated her like a baby. I was not so nice to a few of my nicer vehicles when I was quite a bit younger. I had a 1973 Ford Galaxy 500 that I bought off of my elderly aunt when I was 18. It was only driven on Sundays, and had probably less than 10k miles on it. It lasted the summer and that was it. At one point, I accidentally drove over a tree stump and took the exhaust off from the headers on back. I didn't care. I thought it was cool having a 351 running open headers. I sold it to my friend just before it all fell apart. He'd call me every other day letting me know what had crapped out that day, as I laughed maniacally. That car got me to Summerfest in Milwaukee every day that summer though, where I saw Talas, Malmsteen, and then Clapton front row.

(Mine was green with a black Landau top)

Then there was my 1976 Chevy Nova Concours... if that car could talk. I blew the motor racing a Mustang down the Dan Ryan in Chicago.

(This might even be the one I owned)