Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #17811 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
That's what I like about his film making. On the surface it just seems like a scene that's kind of silly and fun, but it also shows just how much of a monster Myers is. He may not be a cinematic genius, but he definitely puts more thought into some of his shots and scenes than he is given credit for.
I think Rob Zombie accurately perceived where the franchise had to go. Before his Halloweens, we had 6 movies that did nothing to innovate or add something new (sorry, but the whole Thorn thing was just stupid). I still haven't seen Halloween 8 because I refuse to let it taint what I thought of as an excellent way to send off the Laurie Strode character in H20. Where the original series kept up the mystery of Michael Myers (faceless killing machine with nothing to relate to whatsoever), Rob Zombie turned it into a psych evaluation of the character. We know A LOT of what's going on behind the mask. I thought it added something to the story.

That and I freakin love Malcolm McDowell and I thought he was the perfect person to replace Donald Pleasence.