Music Banter - View Single Post - Vulgar and unneeded...For intelligence
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #160 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
Alright. Bottom line is, this is a music forum. Lately, more than ever, the lounge has been the most active forum on the boards. Personally, I view this as a negative thing since this is, after all, a music forum. I'd be really interested to see how many members actually stuck around if the mods closed the entire lounge for a week or so. Honestly, I think if that happened, the discussion about music would become a whole lot more interesting and in-depth since it would be the only thing available. I'd actually love to see the lounge closed for a week or so, just to see how many people are actually here to talk about music.
i agree with this as far as the closing the lounge for a week. i think that would be a good idea. (although it doesnt adress the idea of a politics forum), i think it might help to rid us of the lounge trolls that have made little or no contribution to the music related parts of the forum.

although i think if the lounge was closed....we would get a bunch of threads asking...."why is the lounge closed?" and in addition to that, those who are known for posting nowhere but the lounge....would just end up filling the music forums with spam. so the negativity works both ways.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/