Music Banter - View Single Post - Alesana
Thread: Alesana
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Delusions of Paranoia
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
His voice is REALLY bizarre. Is he just singing "raaaaaar, rar, raaaaaar, raaar"? I can imagine him doing a T-Rex impression at the same time, with his hand up at his chest and his head snapping about.
This is actually pretty much what he does live, lmao.
but Dennis has gotten better with his screaming (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Grape View Post
Actually yeah I do hate them because they call themselves emo/screamo when they clearly are not. Forgot about that.
actually they are "sweetcore"
the term is on Urban Dictionary

I have loved this band since 2008. With that being said, after hearing "The Emptiness" and "A Place Where The Sun Is Silent" I can understand how someone would hate them if the first songs they heard were from "On Frail Wings Of Vanity And Wax." I love all of their albums, of course, but their sound was so much more raw back then.

I love how they tell a story with their lyrics. They recently wrapped up their Annabel trilogy, which was one of the only reasons I was still listening to them. Around 2011 I got sick of listening to screaming music, so I didn't really listen to any screaming unless it was Alesana and even then, they got skipped on my playlist a lot. It's like I had to be in a certain mood to listen to them.
Now I'm getting back into this type of music more, when I'm not listening to alternative, but I have to say I'm glad I stuck with Alesana for so long because they've also introduced me to a great many other bands, and they put on an incredible ****ing show. Add to that the fact that the guys are immensely passionate about their music and their fans, and you've got yourself a fangirl right here.

Last edited by Delusions of Paranoia; 09-22-2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: bc everyone here apparently hates colour
Delusions of Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote