Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's Talk About Gary Johnson
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #135 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
The way that you force them is through legistlation, that's why the whole Fight for 15 is an important movement.

The downside of fight for 15 is two fold. There are two things that will end and have already been happening. The places that have approved 15 dollars an hour won't really enact it until 2022 some time when inflation will have made everything more expensive and 15 dollars an hour will look like shit. So they are giving small raises each year til they get to that point.

The second thing that will happen in the fast food arena is that they will replace human workers with kiosks and people will just order their foods from the machine while they only have a few workers in the back.
lol. I work in fastfood in a state with a 7.25 minimum wage, and my company already makes sure to never give us enough hours to qualify for Obamacare. How much do you think they are going to **** us with twice that minimum wage? Legislation is feel good bull**** most of the time, so please **** off with ****ing with my check. It's already garbage as it is.

What we need are actual jobs that require skilled laborers and are backed by labor unions, cause this service industry economy can not be fixed. It will always provide substandard pay and benefits to a depressingly large section of society without ever giving them any realistic way to get out of this bull****. Concentrating on easy **** like minimum wages laws is a useless band-aid while there are no jobs in-between burger flipper and doctor.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote