Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 02:49 PM   #2758 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Are there MB members wo are actually voting for Trump? Just curious.
I'd vote for Trump if I were voting. But I'm not voting. I "deregistered" because the jury duty notices were annoying me--they were getting more frequent, and it was becoming more of a pain in the butt to get out of jury duty when I was on the road. They kept requiring more documentation, etc., and that was a hassle with some of the gigs I do.

I certainly do not agree with Trump on everything, but there's no politician with whom I agree on everything. I like Trump's unapologetic iconoclasm--although whether he'd keep that up in office is another matter, and I like the fact that (a) he's not a career politician, and (b) he's quite experienced in business instead. I have more confidence that that combination could produce some social changes than someone who has been a career politician with a long history of Washington ties. That's just going to give us the same ol' same ol'. With Trump, maybe we'd wind up with the same ol' same ol' anyway, but I think there's more of a chance that there might be changes, and I think we need changes.

Aside from that, I've never really cared for Hillary. I wasn't a fan of Bill when he was in office, either. (Although not that I've been a fan of any president in my lifetime.) But we already had the Clintons in office for 8 years. That was enough.

Normally I vote for either Libertarian or Green candidates, by the way. But it's a bit depressing, because you know that vote is wasted.

My wife will be voting for Trump, although she typically votes Republican.

My mom, on the other hand, will also be voting for Trump, and that's quite odd, because she NEVER votes Republican. My mom can't stand Hillary though. My dad will probably also vote for Trump (he sometimes votes Libertarian instead, as he's pretty much a Libertarian, but he's also likely doing a "make sure Hillary doesn't get in" vote this year). With my older sister, there's no way she'd ever vote for Trump. She's definitely voting for Hillary. My older sister is strictly a Democrat, as my mom has been, though as I noted, my mom was a surprise this time around. My younger sister would never vote for either a Republican or Democrat. She's voting for Jill Stein.

Last edited by Terrapin_Station; 09-26-2016 at 02:55 PM.