Music Banter - View Single Post - New Metallica album coming out November 18, 2016 -- Hardwired..To Self-Destruct
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 10:46 AM   #175 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
That's shocking to me.

The Unforgiven, Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters, My Friend of Misery, and Wherever I May Roam are all fantastic tracks give or take a few.

The rest of the album sits idly by, but I've never listened to the album and thought "yeah, this is boring as ****."
1. "The Unforgiven" is the only song off that album I care to listen to.

2. The singles are so overplayed that they leave literally zero impression on me anymore (and it's not just overexposure, since I'm perfectly fine with the overplayed songs from all their other albums).

3. "Wherever I May Roam" is cool for like a minute or two but then I just want it to end.

4. "Nothing Else Matters" has always and will always be dull **** masquerading as emotionally vulnerable just cause it has ****ing lame acoustic guitar.

5. OMFG the songs are too goddamn long!

6. OMFG there are too many goddamn songs!

7. "Sad But True" is a lamer, self-plagiarized version of "Harvester of Sorrow".

8. All the other songs are wishy washy thrash-lite with neither balls nor hooks that make the wishy washy thrash-lite from Countdown to Extinction sound like masterpieces.

9. Oh yeah, "Of Wolf and Man" is pretty sweet.

10. **** The Black Album.

11. **** their self-titled album.

12. **** Metallica.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote