Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Metal You Should Know Because it Rules
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Default Black Metal You Should Know Because it Rules

There's two homos talking about thrash and that's just not badass enough, and they can't even keep it up.

So I've been called upon by the twelve floating deities to embark on a solemn quest deep into the darkest forests and fiercest winters to annihilate the untrue and **** like that.

Arizmenda - Within the Vacuum of Infinity
https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com...um-of-infinity

Arguably the most important aspect of great black metal is it's atmosphere, and that doesn't only apply to "atmospheric/ambient" black metal either. Even very formulaic or derivative music can be enhanced supremely by a distinct atmosphere. Arizmenda have a feel not unlike being chained in a dark and disturbing chamber in the center of the moon of some distant planet. I should say, the music isn't all that generic though, it's nothing outrageously progressive, but very well delivered, raw, dissonant, sometimes melodic and always obscure black metal. Although not entirely relying on being an atmo-BM group such as Darkspace or whatever, this has the similar claustrophobic and spacey all at the same time sound. The atmosphere is in fact quite strange, I think. In an esoteric way that I can't describe all that well (and that's usually badass).

So this album rules and all their other albums rule and you are now that much closer to the kingdoms bathed in sorrow and blasphemy.
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote