Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 PM   #24689 (permalink)
Delusions of Paranoia
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Bias?
I have it on good authority, from a reliable source, that guys in the band are *******s.

Now normally it doesn't really matter, because who cares as long as the music's good, right?

Well, yes... But to me, if I'm going to start out listening to a band and potentially become a fan and want to go to a concert, then their personalities matter.
If I had already been listening to them for awhile and then found out they were douchebags, it wouldn't matter at much bc I already had some favorite songs.
But the thing is, before I ever heard them, I found out about their antics. So it makes me NOT want to be a fan.

I realise this all sounds pretty stupid to you guys, but let's take The Funeral Portrait for example. I first heard them as they were openers in a couple concerts I went to. I didn't know their songs, so I didn't know if I liked them by hearing them in a live setting first. But I later went on the internet at home and found a post from the lead singer, to a girl who showed up at his meet and greet with scars running down her arms. He had a heartfelt talk with her, and made an offer that if she ever came to a show he was in and she didn't have any new scars, she basically got front row for free.
I think that's beautiful. He didn't know her from Eve, and why would he care about her life? But maybe he gave her another reason to hold on.

One more example:
Megosh, a band local to me, has offered me free tickets on occasion after hearing about my financial struggles. *shrugs* these people are just good guys. And I can get behind that. The fact that their music rocks is just a plus.
i cant drown my demons, they know how to swim

Delusions of Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote