Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 01:56 PM   #17725 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Do you have a starting point for that? I started it and I see what you're saying, but we might be experiencing two very different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Oh, nice. What are some of the most intense harsh noise/wall noise albums that are actually good?
Well, I don't call Metal Machine Music a masterpiece for no reason. I think that you in particular would love White Suns. Ultra aggressive and chaotic noise rock madness.

Keiji Haino is the man of course. He has a super massive discography that spans 200 times the genres and instruments that I can even name. Good albums to check out by him as far as noise goes, Milky Way, I Said, This Is the Son of Nihilism and Watashe Dake (the live tracks at the end of the album, especially the 30 minute one. It's goddamned incredible). He's been a huge inspiration on me.

Power electronics are really awesome for intense noise music. It stereotypically uses Nazi aesthetics and **** so you'd probably love researching the genre. Even though they're very different, Maurizio Bianchi is right up there with Whitehouse as one of the baddest mother****ers of the genre (in a good way).

Here's a list of other great noise albums
Pharmakon Bestial Burden
Borbetomagus - Barbed Wire Maggots
Masonna - Ejaculation Generator
Prurient - Unknown Rains
Hanatarash - Hanatarash 3
Incapacitants - Default Standard
The Gerogerigegege - Instruments Disorder
Wolf Eyes - Burned Mind

Mondo has a lot of great noise under his Trouble Salad and Indentured Servant monikers too. There's a lot of noisy Jesus the Carpenter as well.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote