Music Banter - View Single Post - Sports Cars
Thread: Sports Cars
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Did you ever get crap for it being a girls car? I've always liked them, but I remember guys getting ripped on in high school over it.
A lot of those '90s sports imports kind of got that rap for some reason, but no, I don't remember anyone saying that to me. I wouldn't have cared, anyway, because I knew I was going to buy that car the second I saw it. I did get the whole "ricer" thing on occasion, though. Still doesn't matter to me. However, it was a consumer sports car, so people who didn't understand them probably thought the slower RS and GS models were for girls, derided them for being imports, or just wouldn't accept the 2G Eclipse's sleeker, sexiest-design-of-all-time (when including turbo wing) to have any kind of respectable power.

Today, the turbo Eclipses (the GSX in particular) have gone on to have a great reputation among tuners and serious car enthusiasts. Anymore, their biggest reputation problem, IMO, is from bad, trashy custom jobs that people do on the cheap. They are also beat on, mercilessly, and as a result, people think they're unreliable.

I definitely miss mine and would like to own one again. I always got looks from people in other cars when I was on the road. Often people would say "nice car" when sitting at stoplights and so forth, and it was a blast to drive.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote