Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #3511 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin_Station View Post
Expect anything different? No. But it sucks that that's the way it is and that people do not demand something else from it.

You don't get arrested just because you do that. You get arrested or not depending on the woman's opinion of it. If you'd like to be able to do things like that where the women not only do not mind, but where they welcome it, one way to get there is to acquire anything like Trump's money or fame.

Another way to get there is to do something like play music, play sports, etc. well . . . which is another thing that makes me a bit skeptical about your musical experience, Chula. You don't have to be doing very glamorous gigs for it to become much, much easier to pick up women. I don't know why, exactly, so many women are so attracted to men just because they're gigging musicians, but whatever the reason, it's the case.

A lot of the interpretation of Trump's comments "on the bus" seem to be based on an idea that women react the same (and that they'd all react the same as each other) to any schlub who comes along, regardless of his stature, and/or regardless of the context, and/or regardless of his personality/the way he carries himself, and/or regardless of his looks, etc., which couldn't be further from the truth.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.