Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's List of 50 Post-Rock Albums You Need To Hear Right Now
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 02:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Key

48. The Evpatoria Report: Golevka

If you're in the mood for some post-rock but aren't entirely set on listening to some heavier distortion on top of the instrumentals, The Evpatoria Report is the place to go. Ever since I started listening to them years back, I've always found their music to be along the lines of "mellow post-rock" and rightfully so. They seldom use heavy riffs to fill the space, but instead use a bit of silence and quiet high pitch guitar sounds to create a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere.

Golevka is the epitome of relaxation when it comes to that, and each track does it well. There are some that use the traditional build up that is well known in post-rock, however it's very easy to look past it once you allow the music to let you fall into a deep sense of relaxation. It's a nice experience of an album, and certainly one my favorites. I always forget about this album but I have listened to it countless times ever since I heard about these guys, and there other albums are also worth checking out.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote