Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's List of 50 Post-Rock Albums You Need To Hear Right Now
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Key

47. Sigur Ros: Takk...

Sometimes you come across an album in your musical travels that you can't help but deem it as perfect. Sigur Ros' Takk...is that album for me. Evident by the amount of plays collectively this album has on my last.fm, you can imagine how far i'm willing to go to prove how perfect this album actually is:

I know I've recently talked about Sigur Ros, and I talk about them basically all the time, but it's hard not to when the music is so good. Takk... is the creme de la creme when it comes to both their discography, and post-rock in general. The minimalistic instrumentals mixed with the high pitched Jonsi vocals makes for such an experience it's almost out of this world.

Bare in mind this does make it into my top 3 post-rock albums, so I'm speaking entirely out of bias, however I feel with the nature of this thread, that's perfectly fine.

Every track on this album is better than the last, and the album starts strong, and ends strong with some golden tracks like Hoppipola, Saeglopur, and Andvari. It's tough to choose a favorite more because the entire album deserves to be heard as a whole, and not as a selected few tracks.

If you're a fan of Sigur Ros, and haven't heard this album, you've got some homework to do.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote