Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Eminem/D12 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #285 (permalink)
TrampInaTux
that's my war face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I don't get why everyone is dissing Em.
He is a great rapper. To argue that is stupid.
Who cares what he raps about. He is way past rapping about killing his wife, and even if he does rap about it.....it is just a gimmick.
He isn't going to kill his wife because he wrote a song about it.
The Beatles wrote about living in a submarine.....did they ever live in a submarine?
Quit saying he is a sh*t rapper.
He isn't, and really, as one of the remaining people who could save rap music, why would you want him to be gone?
I think living in a yellow submarine is unlikely to offend anyone. Talking about he will kill his wife and rape his mom, however, will. Rap is about connecting with someone and their life, and I don't think anyone can connect with that. Some of his raps are good, and he certainly has got talent, but he would never save rap music-he is to busy earning money and destroying it. You are right, he is way past rapping about killing his wife-he is now in the stage where he raps about how much he loves his wife. Anyone see a contradiction here? I think if Eminem would just look at why so many people hate him, and began to listen, then he would become much better for it. His ability to rhyme is fantastic, and he has got that special something that all the greats have had. But the thing is, he has now spent to much time making these terrible teeny-bopper pleasing songs that to make a credible song would distance himself from these kids. And to distance himself from them would be to distance himself from his wallet.
TrampInaTux is offline   Reply With Quote