Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #101 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Today's review is Meshuggah's The Violent Sleep Of Reason (Djent, Progressive Metal)

Clockworks: Holy ****! No slow builds, we're getting right to business with a killer riff. Djent is sounding just awesome. Screams(or growls? not sure which it is in this case) are not as brutal as I'd hope for with this riff. But still amazing ripping track.

Born In Dissonance: Ok. More Djent. Still badass riff. Is there a new vocalist? I remember Meshuggah having a much more badass vocalist.

Monstrocity: Ok. We are getting a bit more technical here. Definitely using what seems to be more riffs. Definitely ripping. I hope the vocals aren't like this for the whole album. And a sweet solo!

By The Ton: Ok. Let's slow thing down! Very nice... and we're back to the djent. I was thinking they'd do a song that took a break from this. It's getting kind of tiresome. Wait, we have a build! OK, let's hope the payoff is worth the build. Still building. Give me something good! That was a let down...

Violent Sleep Of Reason: Have I really gotten so jaded that I can't enjoy some pure djent? Ok. I think I've gotten complacent with this. They have nothing more to deliver.

Ivory Tower:^ ... Wait! What's this? A badass solo! Ok. I can jam to this. No don't stop! Come back solo! I want more! Damnit!

Stifled: Did someone say more Djent? No! Now stop and do something else! Ok... solo isn't as good this time. Oh, nice out ro. Nice to give me a break from the djent.

Nostrum: They worked that intro into this song for the intro. Wow! Excellently executed. This song is better. So much better! Yes! Ok. And we're back to generic djent. Badass solo and the track has redeemed itself!

Our Rage Won't Die: And its back to djent...

O, O, O'reilly's ****ing ads.

Into Decay: Holy ****! Now this is the Meshuggah I remember. This so amazing. Fingers are crossed that the vocalist is more brutal in this track... nevermind. Though the riffing is still fucking epic. This track is what the album should've sounded like.

Final thoughts. Boring album, very redundant. The last track and the guitar solos are what saves this album.

Last edited by Blank.; 10-16-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote