Music Banter - View Single Post - "Running with the devil" Vocal Track - Strange!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2016, 07:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Isolated David Lee Roth vocal track from "Runnin with the Devil". Very strange to hear it stripped down like this. And absolutely mental

MP3 LINK: http://web.archive.org/web/201011211...he%20Devil.mp3
The first time I heard it I thought it was hilarious. When they strip away the instruments and all that's left is Dave's voice and you can hear everything -- imperfections and all. But what he lacks with having a smooth voice he makes up with personality. I thought the "oh, yeah's" out of context of the music were too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That's cool

In the context of the song it sounds like he's letting loose with real abandon

But hearing it a cappella you can tell he's very careful not to let his voice sound strained

I love the effect. Great glossy solid state sound.

Very interesting cool link

Thanks
It's not "a cappella," it's an isolated vocal track. One can here the backing track bleed through at times.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote