Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 03:51 AM   #8766 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Dino Crisis

God damn it. I was trying to record this for a Let's Play but the recording was choppy to the point of being unusable. I've altered some settings on my recording software and will try again tomorrow night, but I don't have high hopes that it'll work.

Which really pisses me off cause I've been looking for a horror game for a Let's Play that would give you all some hilarious footage of my freaking out, and this ****ing delivered. You all missed out on my wide-eyed looks of terror, nervous babbling, and even one instance of what I can only describe as cursing in tongues. Dino Crisis is basically a PS1 Resident Evil clone, but with dinosaurs, and I feel confident in saying that velociraptors are far scarier than zombies. Even 30 minutes after stopping the game I could still feel the adrenaline rush.

So if you dig survival horror, dinosaurs, tank controls, and Resident Evil then you should really play the **** out of this game. I know I will, even if I can't get the recording to actually work.
Yeah, Dino Crisis is the shit. It was a nice experiment for Capcom, with full 3-D environments rather than pre-rendered backgrounds and enemies that could follow you through doors. If I remember correctly, the biggest difference between it and Resident Evil is that it has less of an emphasis on puzzles and more on key collecting. You've got regular keys, key cards, key chips, and also DDK disc keys, of which you'll need to find specific pairs to open the door they're made for, and then crack a cryptographic code. Jesus christ, I still have post-traumatic flashbacks to spending hours looking for the DDK disc that I need to complete the pair, while a bunch of raptors keep hissing at me and throwing me around. Good times.

If you haven't already, you should try Dino Crisis 2. It's more of a run and gun action game than a survival horror, but it's still easily one of the most fun games on the PSX. The pre-rendered backgrounds still look great (now that I think about it, it's kind of funny that Capcom gave the survival horror first game 3D backgrounds, and gave the action packed sequel pre-rendered ones. Can't help but feel like they got it backwards. )
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote