Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 01:03 PM   #114 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Today's review is Self Defense Family's Heaven Is Earth (Post-Hardcore, Emo, Post-Punk, Indie Rock)

In My Defense In Self Me Defend: Slow song. Repetitive riffs and vocals. Gives it an ambient personality after a bit.

Talia: The song's have fantastic flow thus far. This is a lot better. Has a bit more of a build.

Prison Ring: Ok, we're picking up speed a bit more here. Vocals are a bit more melodic. And we're back to the yelling. And more melodic singing. Really digging the album so far. I'm thinking three and a half stars.

Ditko: This song definitely moves away from the guitar driven tracks into a more drum driven song. Really like this song.

Everybody Wants A Prize for Feeling: The further I get into this, the more it reminds me of Atlas by Parkway Drive. And the longer I listen the more I enjoy this album.

Heaven Is Earth: Slow... very slow. And long

Basic Skills: Well, this is a different from the rest of the album. The vocalist seems to of changed... so far, I'm not sure if i love this or hate it.

Dave Sim: And we're back to the Atlas sounding tracks.

My final thoughts are basically, I don't know if I love this album or hate it. It reminds me of A Moon Shaped Pool in the fact that after the first listen, I didn't know how to feel. Maybe a second listen will help.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote