Music Banter - View Single Post - InterGender Sports
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #54 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I wanna deal with this first as it's easy to **** on. Bobby Riggs was at his prime around the time Billie Jean King was born, so that's not in any way shape or form a fair comparison. And shortly before that there was a previous Battle of the Sexes match between Riggs and the top female player in the world, who was around the same age as King, and Riggs stomped her 6-2, 6-1. Yeah...
Boo, you are making excuses for his age.

Quote:
Cause the world's best female golfer can't hit a ball as hard as the world's best male golfer. What's so hard to understand?
I'm not talking about how hard they can hit. I'm talking about the handicap or whatever. Or maybe the two are related? IDK **** Golf, it's a stupid sport.

Quote:
Definitely not gonna disagree on male nerd sexism. But my point about differences in reaction speed still stands.
Okay so differences exist, if it's a team sport the slight differences in reaction speed won't mean much.

Quote:
Not that it should hold back equality, but wouldn't taking all the best players out of women's sports do serious harm to them since almost nobody watches them already?
serious harm? people barely watch them to begin with and the people that do won't really care about the best players leaving. Plus not all the best players would leave if they can't compete with the men so they will still have stars within their leagues.

Quote:
I don't know nearly enough on the subject to have a debate on it, so unless you do then it's probably wise to drop it. That is interesting though.
Why would I drop that when it ties into my main argument? It's the best thing to compare physical factors too. If people were so worried about physical factors then why did they allow different races to compete? Physical factors are always the biggest reason and first go to reason why people are against intergender sports.

Quote:
I'd say individual sports would be where they should be allowed to compete. Even if only one woman can be competitive in boxing then she should be allowed, assuming things like not wanting to uppercut a woman didn't interfere with the game, which I imagine it would. But that same problem would occur in many team sports, even ones with less violence.
Individual sports are where it would really shine and showcase the differences between men and women. Majority of the women would most likely end up losing unless they were skilled/talented enough to stack up.

Quote:
Uh... maybe? But I doubt people would be willing to tolerate the interim period.
It's the same thing with people not tolerating negros playing baseball for instance. They will get the **** over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I'm all for it, but I'm with the others who think women will have a hard time competing with men due to physical factors.
I also totally see people blaming it on sexism at some point and demanding some kind of quota.
It's a bit more than sexism. I shouldn't have just tossed that out willy nilly but it's just stuck in people's psyche that men shouldn't be competing with women because they feel like women are weak and wouldn't be able to hold their own against men. Even if they don't think they are weak they like to fall back on the physical factors/differences but the same can be said for different physical factors between races but different races are allowed to compete against each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So? It's not a question of how well they can compete, it's a question of assuming they have the ability to are they allowed.

Does anyone know how many professional leagues give women the opportunity to try out? NBA? NFL? etc
That's a good question. I'm going to look into it.

Quote:
Again, in theory there should be nothing wrong with women competing in anything, but the reality is that sports culture would not accommodate women in many if not most or even all circumstances (probably not all though). You can make a moral stand for this issue, but the reality of the situation is what it is.
What accommodations would women need specifically? What are you talking about? Yes the reality of the situation is what it is but it shouldn't be and there could be a change in the future. You never know.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote