Music Banter - View Single Post - InterGender Sports
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Boo, you are making excuses for his age.
Age means a whole **** of a lot when it comes to sports. Being past your prime age is an insurmountable obstacle. If you don't get that then you simply have no idea what you are talking about. None.

Quote:
I'm not talking about how hard they can hit. I'm talking about the handicap or whatever. Or maybe the two are related? IDK **** Golf, it's a stupid sport.
It's ****ing golf. Aside from all the skill involved it's also about how hard you can wail at a ball. If you don't have the arm strength to compete with men then all the skill in the world (which the men will also have) is not going to save you. Again, you just sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
Okay so differences exist, if it's a team sport the slight differences in reaction speed won't mean much.
No. StarCraft might be a team sport to a slim extent in that you can be part of a team, and train and get feedback with a team, and get endorsements from the team, but when it actually comes to playing you are completely and utterly by yourself, so if your reaction speed is not on par with your opponent then you are likely to get your ass kicked at the highest levels, since all your experience and strategy will be matched by your world class opponent. Your teammates are completely irrelevant and might as well not exist during a match.

You seriously just don't sound like you're willing to accept reality when it doesn't jibe with your social and political beliefs.

Quote:
serious harm? people barely watch them to begin with and the people that do won't really care about the best players leaving. Plus not all the best players would leave if they can't compete with the men so they will still have stars within their leagues.
And when the best skill in your sport is gone, and you're left with mediocrity, then even the skill of the players in the game will be laughable. Which I imagine would turn off even those few people who still watch to see the players who can actually do their job.

Quote:
Why would I drop that when it ties into my main argument? It's the best thing to compare physical factors too. If people were so worried about physical factors then why did they allow different races to compete? Physical factors are always the biggest reason and first go to reason why people are against intergender sports.
Because apparently neither of us know enough about the issue to use the argument in an intelligent way. I don't argue string theory with a theoretical physicist. If you can give me a scientific argument that refutes my point about men and women's reaction speed and I can't counter it without having expertise in the area then I would drop that too. And not because I'd be admitting you're right, but because the issue would simply be beyond my ken.

Quote:
It's the same thing with people not tolerating negros playing baseball for instance. They will get the **** over it.
Who were the negroes competing against in men's baseball? White men. Not white women. And the white men were not competing against black women. Straight up false equivalence.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote