Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #1664 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
It was more a statement of free availability than anything else.
What do you even use to resize photos? I haven't used Open Office in about a decade, but too much of it had file formatting issues when porting to MS Word. Excel is everything in one. All other photo editing programs want you to resize with actual width and length numbers, only to have the resize not be the actual size you were going for. Excel is drag-and-drop resizing. It's easy.

All of these types of free programs do get the job done, but they are clunky in both programming and design.

Quote:
Not everyone has MS Office.
I use it for work, but they have everything locked down, so I bought it on my own to enhance my skills. I use it for personal budgeting and building spreadsheets and all of that stuff. The photo stuff is just bonus. So, if I have Excel open and get an idea for a photo resize, it can take as little and 30 seconds to do it, and I get on with my spreadsheetin' without having ever left the program.

And I certainly wasn't going to drop upward of $600 for CS6 or something like Photoshop when I only created mixed-media art for fun.

Quote:
Still, it just seems like using a broom to comb your hair. It'll get the job done, but there are actual combs.
It's actually more like having your own hair salon. I'm a naturalist with photography most of the time, so if my lighting, framing or angle isn't right, I keep taking it until I get it. Cropping is about as much as I change things.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote