Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #40286 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Worst day in a long time.

The crux of our lawsuit with both Megacorp and the China company is based around the Exclusive Distributor Agreement we signed with the China company back in 1998.

Basically they agreed that my company had exclusive rights to sell and distribute any products that we designed on behalf of our customers in the North American territories. We design and then buy products from the China company, pay them, and then re-sell them over here.

After 2 whole years of litigation one of the China factory's lawyers based here in LA stumbled across a very new provision in the California business codes which states:

Except as provided in this chapter, every contract by which anyone is restrained from engaging in a lawful profession, trade, or business of any kind is to that extent void.

Today, after hearing arguments from both sides, the trial judge basically yanked the foundation out from under our house. Now we're left to pick through the rubble and decide if it's worth moving forward.

I feel like I just got gut punched by Mike Tyson in his prime.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote