Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Music Hall
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #88 (permalink)
Key

Travis Scott - Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight (2016)

It's definitely a rare occurrence when I throw a hip hop album review in here, because I really don't listen to the genre that often. I don't hate it, or dislike it for that matter, I just have no ideas where to look for the good stuff. Luckily, when family comes over, I'll be open to some that I end up really liking, and Travis Scott's Birds In The Trap Sing McKnight is that album today.

This album is ****ing phenomenal. Not only is it the kind of flow I like to hear in hip-hop, lyrically it's absolutely brilliant. From what I've been told, this guy started out in the underground as a nerdy rapper, and caught his break. Thank god too, because you can't waste talent like this. The one thing I really love is his usage of auto tune where it's not so overwhelming that you lose the charm of his voice, he uses it to bring his voice out more, which is what it should always be used for.

I first heard this album a few days ago and I was really ****ing high out of my mind, but I also listened to it when I wasn't high and it's good both ways. I've probably listened to the album in its entirety 3 or 4 times now. It's becoming a regular listen that it's pushing A Moon Shaped Pool out of its spot. No idea where this will fall for my albums of the year, but I can safely put it in my top 5 for now.

Last edited by Key; 11-07-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote